+ I love the new (to me) Subaru. I’m really looking forward to driving it to Nashville.
– The car needs a new head gasket.
+At least it was already at the garage when I found that out, and not on the side of the road somewhere.
– I was supposed to drop Eric off at JFK, spend the night at my brother’s in Manhattan and knock a few hours off the drive down south, but the car wasn’t ready yet.
+ The car would be ready Wednesday.
– It’s an expensive repair.
+ Eric has a few weeks of shows in Belgium.
+ There’s a great Subaru mechanic in Catskill, and he says once this repair is done, the car will be in great shape.
– They’ll probably tell us they don’t want our business again because I was such a pain about trying to get the car in time to leave for the airport and ended up practically crying and shrieking on the phone with the mechanic’s wife.
+I called her back and apologized in a phony calm voice and told her everything was fine and “We’ll just rent a car today, no problem! See you tomorrow, thanks so much!”
– This election is becoming real. I’m worried. On the trip to drop Eric off at the airport I drove past Donald J. Trump State Park, Trump Links and Trump Pavilion. I don’t want to live in a tacky oligarchy.
+I have the right to vote. Every vote counts.
+I still have my French residence card, just in case.
-I don’t want to live in France, I want to live here.
+ I’m playing at the Bluebird in Nashville on Friday with my old friend Bill Lloyd, and David Mead and Andrea Zonn. I may play my songs sitting in a chair that Roger Miller once sat in. It’s an honor and privilege to be part of the songwriting community.
+ Yesterday I received a quarterly song publishing statement via email and “Direct Deposit Credited To Your Account”. Great! I could use some money for my trip to Nashville.
-Grand total of songwriting royalties payment credited to my account: three dollars.
+ I could always use another cup of coffee on the road.
+The Bluebird show is sold out.
+The Subaru is ready.
+I’m going to Nashville.