I’ve been tagged by Rosie to tell 7 random things about myself. Last year I did something similar and got terribly heavy – I was depressed for days after. So I’m determined to keep things lighter this time. Here goes:
1. I’m a lip balm addict. I am constantly on a mission to find the perfect one. My current favorite is Molton Brown – I think it’s actually from their men’s line. But when I get desperate, I’m not picky. The same way we used to have pacifiers everywhere when my daughter was little, I have alternate lip balms tucked in every purse, pocket and room in the house.
2. I can walk pretty fast in high heels. It must come from years of experience in New York, back in the punk days when I’d ricochet all over the Lower East Side in 50’s thrift shop shoes. But onstage I find them impossibly unbalanced. How does PJ Harvey do it? (although I notice she’s taken to sitting down at the piano lately…)
3. I love broccoli. But it can’t be raw. It can be very hard to find when I’m out traveling. I’ve endured many a bad Chinese restaurant just to get some broccoli.
4. My current favorite movie is “A Star Is Born” with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. I think Eric and I have watched it 4 times in the last few months. I am obsessed.
5. I really missed seeing the Oscars this year. Maybe there was a way I could’ve watched it over here, online or something? I couldn’t get it together to figure it out. I have to admit I was looking at all the websites first thing the next morning, to see who won and who wore what.
6. I love making (and eating) good old American pancakes. Every time I go to America I mean to pick up some Trader Joe’s pancake mix and then my suitcase is just too full. I’ve done them from scratch a few times here in France but it’s very hit or miss.
7. I have dozens of scarves. I can’t pass up a cute 60’s or 70’s square or oblong. And now even 80’s patterns are starting to look good to me. Do I wear them? Occasionally. But mostly I just like to take them out and look at them.
There, that wasn’t gut-wrenching at all. I’m way more superficial than I thought.
Here’s who I’m tagging:
And here’s THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.